Monday, July 4, 2016

Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE Censorship Part 3: The Final Cleavage

Picture Source: Censored Gaming

Are you enjoying Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE? I found a used copy yesterday because a good friend of mine was praising the game day in day out. And I have to agree with her sentiment. It's a good game. Very Japanese, but also very entertaining. The gameplay is more than solid and honestly I'm having a lot of fun so far. But sadly it's dragged down by stupid censorship. I already covered why Censorship in such titles I just plain stupid and I don't want to repeat myself. Still I didn't want withhold this video. Some of you probably know Censored Gamin already, and for those who don't, it's a Youtube Channel focusing on localization changes and Censorship. Two days ago they put out this video detailing all changes in the international release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE.

Source: Censored Gaming

Now like I said I don't want to repeat myself on this topic, but I have to say that this video made me angry. The Censorship in this game is just all over the place and inconsequential. This makes the whole thing even worse. The Hot Spring DLC was removed but some Bikini Outfits weren't. Tsubasas skin is painted white to cover her cleavage, but another costume gives you a full view.

This kind of censorship makes me angry because it shows a complete disregard for the source material. Sometimes changes are necessary for different markets, but they need to be done with sense and direction. The patchwork localization done to Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE is a disservice to the game.

I reached out to Nintendo, but I'm just a random nobody, so I got a standard customer support answer back.

In any case it's sad to see that Nintendo has so little faith in its own game and the audience. So what is your take away from the whole situation? Can you still enjoy Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE or has Nintendos poor handling of the game soured the experience?

And as always

Thanks for reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment