Saturday, October 22, 2016

Lost & Found: Links Awakening 64

Hello and Welcome to todays episode of Lost & Found.

It's about a fan project again. But hey if it's good there is no reason to give it the spotlight. Even if it's just on my blog. And this fan project definitely deserves it.
As we know there are thousands of talented fans out there, which create great art, music and even games inspired by Nintendos countless classics. And today I wanted to show you one of those projects, I am most excited about. As some of you may know Links Awakening was my first Zelda and is still one of my all time favorite games. The unique humor and setting combined with the timeless Zelda gameplay created a classic that I hold near and dear to my heart. So you probably can guess my excitement, when I heard that a fan is working on a mod, which recreates the game in the engine of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask. This mod, called Links Awakening 64, finally got a first trailer several days ago and I just had to share it with you guys. So I hope you're as excited as I am for this project and are looking forward to it.


Also the creator of Links Awakening 64, Ty Anderson, released a video detailing the process of recreating the Coholint Library for the game. It's a great look at how much work creating a video game is, and it made me appreciate the work of those countless talented fan creators even more.


I hope you enjoyed todays episode of Lost and Found.

And as always

thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment