Saturday, May 14, 2016

Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE Censorship Part 2: Electric Boogaloo


Bullshit! That's all I can say about this. If I was unsure about buying this game before, now I know the answer without a doubt. Just like with Fire Emblem Fates Nintendo won't get one Cent for their shady censorship practices.
Maybe I'll get a used copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE, but Nintendo won't get my money.

I'm sorry for this little rant. You may ask yourself now, what I'm talking about. Well it's this Video from Censored Gaming.


We already knew about the censorship of Tsubasas breasts in several costumes, but this video shows even more stupid censorship. They also removed highlights on her hips making them much plainer in the process. It just looks stupid now. Also they removed the floating Japanese Text from the music video, which robs it of much of its atmosphere. The English version looks so much more boring then its Japanese counterpart.

All this proves that Nintendo has no idea who their audience is with this game. And yes I know that Atlus is handling the localization, but Nintendo has the last word and we all know who is responsible for this mess.


Consequences?


Sow what shall we do? First don't listen to people who tell you that you need to buy the game, because otherwise Nintendo won't bring over such games anymore. This is a stupid argument. It just means that Nintendo is holding you at ransom with the threat of not localizing games anymore. Next simply don't buy the game or at least buy a used copy, so that Nintendo won't get any money for their shady censorship. And lastly let them know directly, why you boycott the game. Write them a mail or twitter them. Just let them know that this censorship is not accepted. But please stay polite.

I may sound a little bitter, but that is because I was really looking forward to this game. It just looke so delightfully insane and Japanese. I really wanted to give it a try. But now I can't comfortably buy this. I can't support a company that butchers their own product to appease some imaginary critics. You can't create a game that lives from it's atmosphere and then continuously start to butcher said atmosphere.

I'm not sure who at Nintendo of America is responsible for this puritan and backwards attitude, but he or she really needs to go.

Well what's your opinion on this continuous censorship of Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE?

And as always
Censorship *****

No comments:

Post a Comment